Premium Drive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for the local KC area peeps and our good friends to get together and talk about real driving/racing. Autocross, circuit racing, drifting, grip racing, time attack, touge, drag, etc etc.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need a new ride...

Go down 
+2
LSDS14
Do Work
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Do Work
My Dog will Eat your Dog.
Do Work

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-01-23

I need a new ride... Empty
PostSubject: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:21 am

So I've had my truck for 2 years now, and I'm contemplating getting something else. I love having the truck, I don't know how to survive without one now. And with working construction, I usually have to haul some rather large items.

I'd like to hang on to the truck, and get a car, but all the cars I want I can't afford along with the truck. Here's what I've been keeping an eye out for so far:

05-06 GTO
03-04 Cobra
New body style mustang

Those are all along the same price range. The reason I like those is because you don't see as many of those as you do every other muscle car. But then I've contemplated a "project" car like:

LS S-10
5.slow Ranger
5.slow fox body sleeper

Or some other project, I haven't completely thought it all the way through yet. The only problem with a project car, is I don't have the space or the time tp put into it to make it the way I want. The only other option I've tossed around is perhaps an all in one vehicle to replace my truck such as:

Ram SRT-10
Lightning

I like the Ram because I can get a crew cab, which would be the next truck I would get. I don't really like the Lightning because it's only a 2 door, but they are cheaper. I couldn't own 2 trucks, nor could I only own a 2 seater truck, so I think the lightning is out.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions to add? I'm ready for a "real" fast car, so it has to have a V8. What kind of experiences does anyone have with a factory fast car, or a project fast car?
Back to top Go down
LSDS14
Sr. Noob
Sr. Noob

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 12:06 pm

I would deffinatly not get an srt-10 or lightning for a work truck and fun truck. They are both pretty much supposed to be fast, not very good work trucks. If you don't like the lightning because it's 2 door then get a Harley Davidson F-150. If you want a much cheaper GTO then get an 04. All I would say is don't make your dailey driver your race car.
Back to top Go down
Do Work
Do Work

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:15 am

Well, I will be getting a company work truck sometime soon, but I still will need a "bed" for my own personal use. I never thought of the Harley's, they are the same, aren't they? I want the 05-06 GTO because of the LS-6, and the styling is just better. Since I should be getting a company truck I can afford to only have 1 personal car, and have it be fast.

Appreciate the input.
Back to top Go down
E-brake
International Harvester
International Harvester
E-brake

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Dude, if you get a company truck, get the God damn Cobra.

It sounds better than any other car, PLUS the blower whine. Plus what wheels can you put on your new Cobra?

I need a new ride... Svt_cobra_10_ann_ci3_l

Oh yeah those.

What color?

I need a new ride... Z1gm8

That color.

Also I believe you said it needed to be fast, therefore I submit one final thing: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/I-just-about-had-to-my-I_64142.htm

Thank you hhhaaagoodbye
Back to top Go down
Do Work
Do Work

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Yeah, that video is insane!!! I think I would most likely opt for the cobra, just because it would be the most rare on the streets. The mystic chrome is absolutely insane too, and with those 10th anniversary wheels......oh my.

Ok thank you mike.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh gggggooooooooooooooodddddddddddbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee
Back to top Go down
freakonaleash1187
Eat. Poop. Slay Cones.
Eat. Poop. Slay Cones.
freakonaleash1187

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2007-12-25

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:28 am

Um, I drove a convertible mystic chrome convertible Cobra a few times. Yeah, it was fast and everything, but every time I stepped on the gas, it felt like the dash was going to fall into my lap.
Back to top Go down
Do Work
Do Work

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 7:50 am

Not used to real horsepower, huh?

It's ok, there's a reason why they still make the mustang, and the Z anymore....they must be doing something right.

I love you this much Jared............. cheers
Back to top Go down
freakonaleash1187
Eat. Poop. Slay Cones.
Eat. Poop. Slay Cones.
freakonaleash1187

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:18 pm

They still make the Z.......

And believe me, I have driven and ridden in many high horsepower cars, none felt like the Cobra did with the dash falling into my lap, well, my friends Trans Am WS6 felt the same.
Back to top Go down
E-brake
International Harvester
International Harvester
E-brake

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 1:17 pm

freakonaleash1187 wrote:

And believe me, I have driven and ridden in many high horsepower cars, none felt like the Cobra did with the dash falling into my lap, well, my friends Trans Am WS6 felt the same.

Because all domestic cars are of poor quality Rolling Eyes

ALSO: I hate verts.
Back to top Go down
Do Work
Do Work

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 3:45 am

E-brake wrote:
freakonaleash1187 wrote:

Indeed they are made of poor quality, but nothing is made well anymore so it doesn't matter.

Also, good call on the verts mike. They can be nice, but they're not for real muscle cars.
Back to top Go down
E-brake
International Harvester
International Harvester
E-brake

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 8:16 am

Do Work wrote:
E-brake wrote:
freakonaleash1187 wrote:

Indeed they are made of poor quality, but nothing is made well anymore so it doesn't matter.

Also, good call on the verts mike. They can be nice, but they're not for real muscle cars.

They weigh too much and your flowing locks would always be all windblown. Which no offense is just not a good look for you.

Jared can pull it off tho, thats why he has T tops What a Face
Back to top Go down
LSDS14
Sr. Noob
Sr. Noob

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:24 am

My friend has a 97 cobra vert with a procharger making 425WHP and his dash never felt like it was falling in my lap.
Back to top Go down
freakonaleash1187
Eat. Poop. Slay Cones.
Eat. Poop. Slay Cones.
freakonaleash1187

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:30 am

It was an expression of how cheap the car felt.
Back to top Go down
Do Work
Do Work

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 12:45 pm

It still beats any Z....so it's still a win. We already established the fact that they are built poorly, but that hasn't stopped any other cobra owner over the years......

I don't whole heartedly agree that they are built poorly, it just has it's tweaks just like any other car does. My truck has a horrible rattle in the steering, but every 3/4 ton does and there isn't a well known fix for it....it's just one of those deals.

I don't know though Mike, the flowing locks could be sexy...but possibly to the wrong crowd. Jared, don't get all giddy when you see the back of my head fluttering along way ahead of you down the road.
Back to top Go down
Keboh
Noob
Noob
Keboh

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:42 pm

GET THE FUCKING GTO!!!! stock ls6 + procharger = 600 whp.

/thread
Back to top Go down
freakonaleash1187
Eat. Poop. Slay Cones.
Eat. Poop. Slay Cones.
freakonaleash1187

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 9:32 pm

Yep, my Z will always be slow.
Back to top Go down
Do Work
Do Work

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 9:51 pm

Keboh wrote:
GET THE FUCKING GTO!!!! stock ls6 + procharger = 600 whp.

/thread

See, that is basically what it boils down to. I want a blower, and the cobra has one factory. But, the LS-6 with a procharger would be unstoppable.....
Back to top Go down
smokinbunta
Keeper of the Egg Roll
Keeper of the Egg Roll
smokinbunta

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 2:35 am

ill stop u and ur blown GTO................with a brick wall...muhahahahhaahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need a new ride...   I need a new ride... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need a new ride...
Page 1 of 1